Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Dress Fit For a PRINCESS

eEI'm a little behind on this post, since it happened almost 2 months ago. But better late then never, right?

Daya turned 4 this August and wanted a princess party. She wanted to be Jasmine, but I didn't want to pay $50 for the ones that you buy at the Disney Store. BUT I didn't want it to look like a cheap Walmart version either (nothing against Walmart, I love Walmart, just not their dress ups.) So I went where I always go when I want to make something. . . PINTEREST! I seriously LOVE Pinterest. One might say I'm a little addicted. ANYWAY, I found this ADORABLE outfit and immediately wanted to make it.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/201887995767845924/


For those of you who don't know I am a terrible sewer! I don't have the patience for it, nor the talent. But I was determined to make this for my little princess, no matter the pain, blood, sweat, and tears. :)

After reading every which way to make these skirts on youtube and pinterest and blogs I set out on my quest.

I went to. . .
From there I picked out everything I needed and since I had no real idea what I was doing I just decided to make it up as I went and here is how it turned out. . . 


<----Here is the front                        ----> And the back
Over all I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And the total cost . . . $15! 
It is not professional by any means, but Daya loved it and her smile made it all worth while.

I had a lot of people ask me how I made it so I will be doing a tutorial on everything on my youtube channel soon. My niece Kinlee's birthday is this month so we are going to make one for her. Stay tuned on how to make it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Um, I'm addicted to Pinterest too! Like, I'm on it alllll the time, haha. I just love that is full of IDEAS! It's so inspiring!

    Anyway. HOLY COW, DUST - THAT IS AMAZING!!!! I'm so impressed with how professional it looks! And the fact that you made it for $15!? Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete